matcing jsChristmas this year was fantastic. It was the first Christmas since I have had kids that I have been able to spend with my parents. Dave and I decided we are going to get the kids 3 gifts every year to go along with the story of Christ. So that is what we did. Addie got her bitty baby (that is all she wanted), along with pet shops, and a little people castle...all were a BIG hit with her. Gavin got Stinky the talking Garbage truck (the most annoying toy ever), he got a Woody doll and the start of a Thomas train set. Santa did good this year. Christmas Eve it is tradition in my family to hear Santa's bells. This year will be a memory I hope to never forget. As soon as Addie heard the bells her face lit up and she just had to look out the window. She saw Santa in the sky and we told her it was time for bed. No fight, she went. Gavin on the other hand was scared to death and wouldn't go to sleep. Seeing Addie get the concept of Christmas this year was awesome. On Christmas morning we sang Happy Birthday to Jesus (her idea) and went down to see what Santa brought. Her excitement was contagious and Dave and I found ourselves forgetting we had our own gifts to open. My mom had to remind us and we were happy to each get a pair of toms, him some shirts, and me make up brushes I have been longing for. This was the first Christmas him and I didn't go all out for each other and it was perfect. It was perfect to have it all about the kids. It was perfect to be with my parents and have steak and eggs for breakfast like when I was little. It was perfect being home, with grandma and grandpa meyers. All in all it was just a perfect Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment