Tuesday, January 11, 2011

MOMENTS.

Its moments like tonight that i'm thankful to be a mother.
Yes, I got home at 10:30, sick with a miserable cough, after a long night at school.
Yes, my husband is out of town for 5 days.
Yes, I got warning from my inlaws that I had a rebellious 2 year old downstairs boycotting sleep.
Yes, this frustrated me, I want to be in bed.
However, the jumping up from his crib and yelling "mommy a home" made that ok.
The cherry on top was being able to sway with him, back and forth to Michael Buble singing the rainbow connection softly on his CD player. The tightest hold his little arms could handle were around my neck and his little hands played with the hair on the back of my head.
Its moments like these that make lack of sleep, sickness, and loneliness go away.
Its moments like these I want to bottle up forever and keep on a shelf.

No comments: