Sunday, October 26, 2008
Quick Post....
So today so far has been an amazing day and its only 1:37....I have been waking up on the wrong side of the bed (to put it mildly) the last couple of days due to allergies and crazy hormones trying to figure out what to do with themselves now that I am not pregnant. I got up this morning, said some very long prayers, got in the shower, and got ready for church. As I was getting ready I could hear my monkey singing in her crib...so I snuck in her room to watch. If anyone knows Addie she can snap you out of a bad mood in seconds and that is what she did!!! She "helped" me get ready by organizing all my makeup into piles on the floor, normally it would really bug me, this morning it didn't!! I said my goodbyes to my little family (Dave stayed home with the kids this week, Gavin can't go for another 4 months) and drove the 3 min drive to church, I timed it this morning..I know I am a nerd. I was preparing myself to sit all alone in the back of the over flow, then I wouldn't have to worry about making conversation with someone I didn't know. As I was walking up "the hill" at church I saw this elderly man being dropped off by someone who didn't care to help him walk in...he had a hard time getting through the doors so I ran to help, he turned around and gave me a very sincere "thank you"..in my mind I was thinking 3rd thing today that happened to kill the bad mood. As I walked into the back I see him sitting all by himself in the exact row I had my heart set on to sit. Now, I am not a person that can start conversation with strangers, I don't know if I am shy or just don't like to do it...so when I decided I was going to go sit next to this man I was stepping completely out of my comfort zone. I asked him if any of the chairs were taken he kindly said "no young lady, take a seat" I did so and to make a long story short...we spent most of the sacrament meeting talking about his children and grandchildren, my kids, and how he couldn't believe the BYU game yesterday....lol, it made my heart ache to have a conversation like that with my Grandpa again, but, made me feel good that this man wasn't all by himself. As the meeting came to a close I got up to leave and said goodbye...he grabbed my hand and thanked me for sitting next to him.."it was nice not be to alone this Sunday" I smiled, thanked him for sitting with me, and as I turned I started to tear up......I know this may sound dumb, but, I believe that i sat next to him for some reason..what it was I am not sure...but, he made my day. I came home to my little family again and realized how lucky I am to not be alone in this life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment