today I am 36 weeks and 4 days pregnant. measuring a whopping 41 weeks, awesome. I have started losing weight which is ok, but, weird and I weigh less than i have with my previous pregnancies....basically ALL BABY!
we made a plan with my doctor last week to do an amnio Monday, if he was ready I was to be induced if not we wait a week. here is how our week looked.
Sunday- Emotional and anxious all day. I must of cried about 100 times for no reason at all. Dave was fantastic, he gave me a great blessing that calmed the nerves and helped me to understand every thing was happening for a reason.
Monday- Amnio at 1. baby looks great measuring 7 lbs (biggest yet) Doctor pokes once and misses goes straight into my uterine wall...ouch, it left a mark and spot the babe enjoys kicking. Gets a "great"sample on round 2 and we are off to the hospital to be monitored for an 2 hours and wait for results. Results come back his lungs are measuring 24, need to be at 55. We both were bummed, but, felt good knowing he wasn't ready and needed to cook.
Tuesday- Meet with Dr. Allen (love him) to make a new plan. The plan get steroid shots Thursday and Friday induce the following week 37 weeks. receive the pertussis shot thanks to an outbreak of Whooping cough in WA.
Tuesday about 5pm-contractions 2-5 min apart for about two hours. call gpa and gma to come get big kids after doctor says he wants us at the hospital. 5 hours later, dilated to a 2 get sent home because i am just not progressing, still contracting...that was fun.
Wednesday-uneventful (thank goodness) announce big move to WA for Dave's new job...EXCITED!
Thursday- get checked, still a 2. get the first of 2 steroid shots and then brag it didn't hurt. 20 min later, can't sit on my left side...the shot kicked in. talk to the doctor later this evening and decided to put off induction (unless I progress) until Wed or Thurs of next week. We really want to make sure the baby gets the anti bodies from the pertussis shot because well, we are moving to WA about 6 weeks after he is born (that is a whole other post).
Tomorrow i will get the second of the 2 shots and get checked again Monday.
Long story short...Hudson will be here next week.
I do want to explain why we are inducing and why we are being monitored so closely. There has been some question from family and friends on why the baby won't just stay in until 40 weeks.
My history works against us plain and simple. I HAVE to be in the hospital to have the baby so going into natural labor just isn't an option. I would love for him to just come when ready...my body is done, but, he is my first priority so if I could keep him cooking I would.
Addie was born at 36 weeks and 5 days. Gavin was born at 37 weeks and 3 days. If you remember back Gavin came fast, unnaturally fast. 3 HOURS FAST. I test positive for strep B, he contracted it.
From day 1 of this pregnancy we have had to take extra precaution with my delivery, literally a topic at every appointment. I don't go past 37 weeks gestation and going fast with testing positive for strep B is bad. You are required to do 4 hours of antibiotics before delivering...my last delivery was 3 hours...odds are against us, as you tend to go faster with each pregnancy.
On Tuesday we had a long talk with my doctor. I asked him out right I need to know...which would be worse him coming before his lungs are ready or coming quickly and contracting strep B. Without hesitation he answered....strep B can kill babies. that was all we needed to hear...we have experienced a very sick baby once and i NEVER want to go there again.
Things are looking good with Hudson, like I said he is our biggest. Still has the same schedule sleeps mid morning and all afternoon, active from about 6 until midnight. During contractions his bum is shoved up into my ribs, its quite the sight. Dave and Dave's parents have been such a blessing this week. They have helped a ton with Gavin and Addie and I can't express in words how thankful I am for all of our family.
I hoping my next blog post will include some pictures of our little man, but, until then I am just going to enjoy our little family of 4 for another week!
1 comment:
Can't wait to see the pics of your little man!, good luck with labor and delivery! I will be thinking about you
Post a Comment