Monday, January 4, 2010

JANUARY

i am learning to hate january. its the peak in our house of coughs, stuffy noses, and cranky kids. last year RSV took over our lives, no really it did. this year (knock on wood) the little RSV bugs are staying away. However, our little miss A has had a very nagging cough for about a month now. I know I know I am a bad mom, we just took her to the doctor today. it has not been effecting anything, she still plays, still eats, still throws crazy fits...she is still her. As we were sitting in the waiting room waiting she kept asking "Mommy I want an owie" I had to convince her she was not getting one today but that she was going to talk to a nice man and he was going to look at her throat.
After she gave the nurse permission to weigh her and check her O2 stats. he came in, she called him papa (grandpa), and then she asked for an owie. really i have never met a 2 year old who enjoys shots...apparently there is a first time for everything. he checked her out and diagnosed her with brochiolitas (can't spell that). we delt with this last year so we are ok with it. she is on medicine and a steroid that will make her "a monster". G received his 2nd swine flu shot and A was jealous she didn't get one.
we are praying in the house of walls that we make it through january safe and sound!

No comments: