So basically since day 1 our little angel girl has slept amazingly well....she sleeps through the night (has since the second week of her life) and she still takes a 3-4 hour nap in the afternoon...we are very lucky!!! So on day 533 of her life she decided to change it up a bit...you know break up our routine....I took her to bed at the usual 9:00....rocked her, laid her and her buddies (blanket and doll) down...and thought we were in the clear. At 5 in the morning she woke up..SCREAMING...not my usual child. We brought her into our bed (which never works) she decided it was time to discover how blinds worked and once I laid her down she couldn't decide who she wanted to cuddle with more....so she would switch every 30 seconds. So by seven she was in her room, to scream it out....she did and was out cold till 10...the next few nights of putting her down were rough, but, manageable....this brings us to day 540 of her life...TONIGHT....we did bath time....bottle time...and I took her up while Daddy fed G....we rocked....she was out in 5 min flat...after about 10 I laid her down...I walked out of her room and the screaming started...I ignored...this continued for at least 30 min....she usually just crashes....then I heard the gagging starting and ran up to rock some more...as soon as we sat down she was up throwing a FIT...when I say fit...I mean gagging, arching, not breathing, fit...in the midst of this I asked if she wanted daddy and got what I thought was a "yeah" so we came down to get him....that didn't work....we put g in his room so it was just the 3 of us...that didn't work...(by this time she is basically hyperventilating in the middle of the living room. Finally she took me in the kitchen...she ate peas (I know random) and we went back upstairs....after 10 min of rocking she wasn't falling asleep so I laid her down....wow, screaming again...left a night light on and left. She screamed for another 30 min...then proceeded to kick her crib...I think....we can just hear the banging down here...we are now listening to her whine every now and then and its been an hour...anyone have any clues as to whats going on? I am more worried than anything...I am lost and I don't want to have to give her a bowl of peas every night before bed to get her calm!!!!Sunday, March 8, 2009
LOST....
So basically since day 1 our little angel girl has slept amazingly well....she sleeps through the night (has since the second week of her life) and she still takes a 3-4 hour nap in the afternoon...we are very lucky!!! So on day 533 of her life she decided to change it up a bit...you know break up our routine....I took her to bed at the usual 9:00....rocked her, laid her and her buddies (blanket and doll) down...and thought we were in the clear. At 5 in the morning she woke up..SCREAMING...not my usual child. We brought her into our bed (which never works) she decided it was time to discover how blinds worked and once I laid her down she couldn't decide who she wanted to cuddle with more....so she would switch every 30 seconds. So by seven she was in her room, to scream it out....she did and was out cold till 10...the next few nights of putting her down were rough, but, manageable....this brings us to day 540 of her life...TONIGHT....we did bath time....bottle time...and I took her up while Daddy fed G....we rocked....she was out in 5 min flat...after about 10 I laid her down...I walked out of her room and the screaming started...I ignored...this continued for at least 30 min....she usually just crashes....then I heard the gagging starting and ran up to rock some more...as soon as we sat down she was up throwing a FIT...when I say fit...I mean gagging, arching, not breathing, fit...in the midst of this I asked if she wanted daddy and got what I thought was a "yeah" so we came down to get him....that didn't work....we put g in his room so it was just the 3 of us...that didn't work...(by this time she is basically hyperventilating in the middle of the living room. Finally she took me in the kitchen...she ate peas (I know random) and we went back upstairs....after 10 min of rocking she wasn't falling asleep so I laid her down....wow, screaming again...left a night light on and left. She screamed for another 30 min...then proceeded to kick her crib...I think....we can just hear the banging down here...we are now listening to her whine every now and then and its been an hour...anyone have any clues as to whats going on? I am more worried than anything...I am lost and I don't want to have to give her a bowl of peas every night before bed to get her calm!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
your blog is soooo cute!!!
Miley did the same thing. We just let her scream. But she never did the gagging thing. She threw an amazing fit though. And even now she still cries everytime I put her down for the night. She cries for about 5 and either climbs back into bed and puts her blankets on. Or she plays with some toys for a little bit until she is ready and then climbs into bed. Good luck to you, Miley did it for about 2 or 3 days and then she just stopped for the most part.
I was reading about how to put kids down, and in this book it says if your kids are having a hard time falling asleep after you put them down, try rocking a little bit longer. We used to put Riley down the second his eyes were closed and right as he left our warm bodies, he was up and crying. SO, this book says to rock or cuddle, or whatever your routine is, just a little bit longer until your little one is deeper into sleep. Once you can move her arm and its like a dead weight, hopefully she can be put down because she is too asleep to know you are doing it. Good luck. I know its hard.
Post a Comment