
Let me set the scene for everyone...we went to Dave's parents house tonight to hang out with Aunt Shell and watch the Oscars...we are all gathered around the front door saying our goodbyes...door opens...
Shell: GASP look at that huge bird
Dave: Opens the door about an inch SLAMS it shut quickly huge commotion follows
Me: being my usual clueless self wondering why everyone is so scared of a SLEEPING pigeon
Dave: Chucks a wiffle ball at the poor thing and "moves" it about an inch (stubborn bird)
This is when the fun began....
As I sit in side with one of the two mini GWs I witness one of the funniest things I have EVER EVER seen.
EW, MW, AW all cooped up in MW's car AW completely unaware and just happy to be "driving"
DW with a 2x4 and a hand full of pebbles yelling at GW to stay inside and giving him instruction on which door to open/close when the pigeon has moved. After a hand full maybe two of pebbles thrown at the poor bird (yes I said poor bird) DW probably only hit him twice (sorry babe). I wander outside to put a screaming GW in the van. As I come around to the side of MW's car and hear "hi" from AW along some sort of explanation/dance about what was going on.
I turn to see my love swinging the 2x4 aimlessly I would assume at the bird and hearing everyone yelling at me to jump in the van...I RUN!!!!!!!! I am not normally scared of birds even though let me tell you this was an abnormally huge pigeon. I am laughing hysterically at EVERYONE and literally peeing my pants as I run. They were yelling at me as if someone with a gun was about to shoot.....by the time I got to the van the thing was gone and DW was standing triumphantly in the drive way 2X4 in hand. All the girls still in the car MW and EW laughing as hard as me if not harder....AW with a hand over her mouth and a confused look on her face wondering again what the heck was going on. GW standing inside at the window with it open so he could hear and communicate and little GW in the car screaming hysterically because he was hungry and it was dark. It was a great end to a good night...as we drove away I asked Dave what all that was about its just a bird right? Well I now know my kids will never watch the movie "Birds" and frankly neither will I....
(this is one of those you have to be there moments, but, I promise it was hilarious)
No comments:
Post a Comment