So I am officially to impatient today to get the pictures off my camera on to my computer...the snow has finally made me crazy!!! We were told by our pediatrician not to take Teeny out during the winter, due to disease and just plain cold...so I am literally stuck inside all day every day (we may have forgotten that rule to go see Santa this year,but that has been about his only outing)....I feel so bad for Dave when he gets home because I find myself following him around the house talking his ear off, but, he is super understanding about my craziness.
Christmas was so much fun this year...in fact it was amazing!!! We didn't get to go see my parents my little niece got a lung infection and we didn't want to risk T getting it so we stayed here and hung out at The Walls all day...normally being the little kid at heart that I am (I still try to peek at presents), I would go off on all the gifts we got...but, this year wasn't about that to me...surprisingly (even though I got an amazing quilt that I wanted sooo bad from my mother in law and a great ornament from my mom that I will always cherish!)
We spent Christmas eve eating yummy food and just hanging out....Gpa and Gma Wall had a good idea this year...since Christ sacrificed so much for us, what can we do for him? We all wrote down ideas and put it in a box to be opened next year. As I was writing mine I hid in Dave's arms and cried. 3 months ago, I had the fear I wouldn't see Christmas with my little boy...I remember just breaking down when we had everything dropped on us just hours after he was born...I didn't understand any of it and I was scared we were going to lose him....I cried and cried about all the firsts we were going to miss with him, and the first Christmas was one of the many....so as I sat and thought about the fact that Christ has felt that same pain I was thankful....thankful for him and for the knowledge I have. I am so blessed to have these kids and this handsome husband of mine...yes, Monkey is hitting the I am going to get into anything and everything stage and test you as much as I can...and yes, Teeny gets tired and fussy and eats slower than anyone I have ever met and yes, Dave can push my buttons and drive me crazy better than most. However, I love watching Monkey while I am cleaning up the mess as she is looking around the room looking for some other NONO to get into...and if I didn't have the two hours with T while he ate 7 ounces I would miss the coos and giggles that I get while he eats, finally, if Dave didn't push my buttons I wouldn't crack and giggle and get the loving hugs he gives when he has pushed me over the edge. Like any parent and wife I have my days, but, I would rather have a million days of ripping my hair out that one day without my babies and my love. Christmas wasn't about gifts this year....it was about family and blessings and I hope to continue that tradition!!!
Some highlights of our day(s) were....watching Addie try to keep up with all the boys, realizing when Aunt Brit is around my kids will be attached to her no matter what or who gets in their way, seeing Blakey "make cookies", Watching Gavin giggle at any and everything, hearing Kelton tell us where Santa was (he kept track really well), asking Eli what he was going to get from Santa and hearing him say as fast as possible "THOMAS THE TRAIN GOES OVER THE BRIDGE" I think, Taking the kids to see Santa, waiting in line for two hours, and actually getting an amazing picture, making treats and having my husband help BIG TIME without even being asked, the fact that I didn't wake up to it snowing Christmas day was heaven!! All in all just spending time with family and keeping the ones that were away in my heart, made this a great Christmas!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment