Sunday, November 23, 2008

A LESSON LEARNED...

I had a nice reality check this weekend, thank goodness for my sweet husband who was my shoulder to cry on. I am the kind of person who really holds on tight to the relationships I care about and will do anything for those people...I always have been and I always will be. So I was at a loss at what to do about one of those relationships that was slowly falling apart. Dave just kept telling me that if I am the one always calling and always the one making the effort to go see that person it isn't a real friendship....its me holding on to the past. When someone changes to make other people like them really are they someone I want around me or my family...nope not at all. I am not someone who changes for other people...I am me and if you don't like it I am sorry....but, if I were to change for every person I met....really what kind of identity would I have? I wouldn't....if people truly care about you they love you flaws and all...nobody is perfect!!! Anyway, this weekend was my final straw...My family and I were lied to and and treated like we had no meaning to these "friends" it hurt my feelings more than anything I have ever experienced and yet it made me finally say I'm done!!! I am done making the effort, I am done being talked about, I am done trying to make something out of nothing. However it taught me how lucky I truly am. I am lucky to have my babies that make me laugh and teach me new things everyday. I am lucky to have my husband,who, is slowly but surely teaching me that I deserve good things and not to settle for the bad. I am lucky to have amazing in-laws...all of them...they are great examples of how to raise good families. I am lucky to have my parents and brother who know what its like to sacrifice time to make your families lives better. I am lucky that now I can move on knowing I am a good person, with a great life, knowing I have been blessed and that everything really does happen for a reason.
THANK YOU DPW FOR ALL THE SUPPORT AND HUGS YOU HAVE GIVEN ME IN THE LAST 24 HOURS I COULDN'T THINK OF ANYONE BETTER TO DRY MY TEARS....I HEART U.

No comments: