Friday, September 26, 2008

Why two????

SUCH A LOOK...

So I have to explain myself....many people have asked about Gavin's name. Yes he has four....GAVIN DAVID EGAN WALL....
Gavin we have to give Amy credit for, she suggested it right after he was born...we looked at him and it just fit...its funny because we had a list of 6 we took with us to the hospital and it wasn't on the list at all...but, like I said...he is a Gavin.
David of course is after his Daddy, first boy gets that special privilege and I know he will take pride in it.
Egan that is the one everyone has a question about. When I was pregnant with Addie I was sure I was having a boy and I told Dave that I wanted to name him Egan. Of course that wasn't possible because we had a little girl. When we found out we were having a boy I had decided I wanted Egan to be part of the name, but, not the first name. Why Egan? Have you ever had a family member or members that you look up to and love so much, you can't describe it? Well that is my grandparents to me and Egan is their last name. My brother and I have always had a special place for them in our hearts and no matter what we have done in life they have loved us endlessly. I wanted my Grandpa and Grandma to know how much they mean to me and giving my son part of their name is the only way I could think to express my feelings. He will always know that part of his name is after some very very special people...why did we do it now? Family members aren't around forever and I wanted them to be able to witness it. Yes, he will probably be the only one of our children with two middle names...but, I think its pretty great!!!!

No comments: