I had to post these pictures for everyone that was at Addie's birthday....Dave literally had to force Addie's hands, arms, and even her face in her cake to get her to look like she had made a mess...she didn't want to get dirty. Yet, the other night for her desert I gave her two chocolate chip cookies and came back 5 min later to them devoured and my monkey looking like she had just shoved her face in a cake. It made me giggle thinking of how anti-mess she was on her birthday. I guess now there is hope for next years birthday mess.
Addie is a great big sister....we are dealing with a little jealousy, but, we make sure to try to Addie her alone time every day. She loves her brother, she lights up when he comes into the room and instantly "gets on her bum" so she can hold him. She is so gentle most of the time, but, sometimes her curiosity gets the best of her and she just has to poke him in the eye or give him a little "love tap" on the head. The only real issue we have is her stealing bottles...we are working on it though.
Dave is doing great...he is actually enjoying school and work and well all know how that can make a difference in your day. He is in heaven because its college football season..and most of our weekend consists of that and nascar....by Monday I don't allow ESPN to be on very long. He is great to watch with the kids....Him and Addie have become buddies and often just lay around and play with each other...and he loves just sitting and watching Gavin with me. He has so many plans for that little boy....he better be a guys guy.
I am doing great....I am just trying to get rid of my second kidney infection in 2 weeks....I have an ultrasound Monday to make sure there is not something they are missing, but, until then I have some amazing drugs to kill he infection and the pain. My parents have been in town since Gavin was born and it has been nice to have someone over here to hang out with while Dave is at school.....we ate a lot of good food and did a ton of unnecessary shopping...I am going to miss them like crazy when they leave and so is my family. They have helped so much...Addie now calls my mom YAYA which really who knows where that came from and my dad just melted every time he held Gavin. I am thankful they were able to come and spend such a long time with us.
Other than that life is getting into a pretty great routine and it couldn't be better.
I have to post later about something that Dave completely talked me into that I never thought I would have....Stay tuned!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment