![]() |
| 28 weeks |
The pregnancy has flown by, it helps to have two kids and be working up until the end. Our little man is doing fantastic. We had a bit of a scare at 28 weeks, while DP was out of town mind you. After a short stint in labor and delivery and contractions 3 min apart, all is well. I don't think I have ever been more thankful for my group of Wall ladies than I was that night. Them and my mom made Dave not being here ok!
At my appointment last week we found out our boy is well above average in size, 4 lbs to be exact (should be 2ish). We go in for another ultrasound in 4 weeks and to schedule my amnio for induction at 36-37 weeks. I have 3-4 weeks of work left and 6 weeks until baby Hudson is here. Yes, we have a name, we have had it since day one, girl or boy. I would love to share his middle name, but, I can not do to the fact his name sake is not aware yet. The kids are so excited, every night Gavin and Add crawl into bed with me and we just watch my belly move. Gavin was able to feel a "roll" the other night and his deep belly giggle followed. He kept saying "Baby Hudson wuvs me". Add is just excited to be the only girl and have 2 brothers, at least for now. The baby has the hiccups constantly and has found my ribs in the last week. His little bum is always, always, pushed out on my right side. I'm getting used to the pressure over there. He has a schedule of activity and every morning starts stirring around 6, Gavin comes in at 7 and my alarm goes off at 7:30 so needless to say my boys have kept me on a regular morning routine. This being the third kid Dave and i have put off getting anything until the last weeks. Now, we are a bit panicked, but, its been fun looking at baby things again.
Our Monkey girl has been busy, busy, busy. Thursday afternoon we have ballet, usually followed by a soccer game that evening, along with one Saturday. She is loving all her activities and we are loving watching her grow up. Dave and I are both excited to see her with the baby, she will be an amazing help. We haven't quite decided what her next activity will be. She loves dance, but, we are in the middle of trying to find her a new studio and soccer, well, she loves it. The first 2 games, both Dave and I left rather frustrated with her lack of interest in actually kicking the ball. After a heart to heart with ourselves we have promised to just let her be 4 and play however she chooses (for now). We may be a little too competitive. The last game I informed her she will get a new bike if she scores a goal, we feel pretty comfortable with the fact she will be riding the old one until the end of summer. She is fun to watch and looks great while playing, but, its a little painful for the former soccer player in me. She will get it, hopefully.
Gavin is our little caboose now a days. He gets dragged to all his sisters activities and enjoys it mostly. We have a year before we can put him in anything so until then he is my little buddy. I may have started the habit of rocking him to sleep at night, I am regressing. We say prayer, he grabs "chocolate" his blanket, throws it over his head and crawls in my non existing lap to be rocked to sleep. I am noticing as this pregnancy comes to an end I long to be with my babies all the time. I still call them "the babies", really. It makes working a little harder and most nights you will find me hidden in a room with them before or after dinner (depending on if its my night to cook). I am trying to soak in the two of them right now, call me crazy, but, things are about to change. He is pretty great. As the warm weather has hit he constantly smells of boy, which i love. He is convinced when he plays soccer it will be because he is a big brother not a big boy. Gav has finally started loving church and we don't have to fight him to go into class anymore. His little personality is growing daily and besides a few Wall/Eldredge men I am not sure if I know someone who teases better than he. However, he can dish it out, but, trust me he can't take it. Still as sensitive as ever! He will be a big brother in a few weeks to "baby Hudson" and he will tell you if you ask, he can't wait. Oh how I hope that lasts.
Our baby Bell as everyone calls her, she is wonderful. We got a shock when we took her to the vet a few months back, she will not be getting any bigger. fantastic. When we adopted her we were told she was a lab/pointer mix. We expected her to be well over 50lbs full grown. She tops the scales at a whopping 38 lbs and is about knee high. The vet also informed us she has some sort of small breed dog somewhere in her, she has an adorable under bite...schitzu, bull dog, something along those lines. She was the best Christmas present for the kids and they adore her. I don't think dave and I could have asked for a better dog with our kids, she tolerates anything, and I mean anything.
All and all things are great. We are waiting to hear some life changing news, we are hoping desperately for it to be positive. It will open up some brand new, exciting doors for our family.
We are busy and excited to see what life has in store for us!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment