Tuesday, April 17, 2012

DISNEY DAY #1


At this point, the kids still had no clue.  I have a video of us telling them where we are, but, I can't figure out how to get it to upload to the blog. Watching it still brings tears to my eyes






As we were walking into the park the character parade was just starting.  With our churros and the best coke/diet coke in the world (as dave says) we sat back and saw Disney in a way neither of us had ever imagined.
The thing is with this trip, we never thought we would be able to do it.  We don't have a ton of money, I am pregnant so we had to plan around that, and Dave is still in school.  Its something that just didn't seem doable.  As I looked at my babies and even my husband and saw the joy and excitement they had I quietly slipped my sunglasses on and cried.  This is what being a parent is all about, making things like this happen for your kids and we did it.  I looked up at Dave and he too was tearing up, that moment made the sleeplessness and stress disappear.  It was perfect and something we aren't soon to forget.


We didn't do much the first night, walked the park and Dave took the kids on Autopia (twice).
We ate and watched Fantasmic, by then it was cold and we were tired.


Gavin crashed every night in the stroller, by 9 he was out.
As Shell said in a text, that is how you know it was a good day,
and to think we had 3 more to go was fantastic!


2 comments:

Tyler said...

Look at how happy they are!! I can't wait till my kids are old enough to do this!

Annelise said...

Sorry that was actually me but Tyler was signed in!