Honestly, today was rough. I think everyone is entitled to one bad day a week. I worked, all day. I love my job, I am lucky to have it. However, I have 3 months left with my babies the 2 babies I have had for 3 years all to myself. They are easy and fantastic and I miss out on half of their week by working. It helps my husband a lot, takes a lot of stress off...but, days like today its not easy.
Dave had class until 8, i miss him. A lot. My mom has been here to help for a while now, fantastic. She watches the kids while I work and then "clocks out" and becomes grandma or whatever she wants at 6. Its been a win win for all parties involved, but, i miss my husband.
Today I was not ok with the leap of faith we took a little over a month ago. In fact I was annoyed, very. I was missing the faith part, I still am honestly. After a heart to heart with said husband we are both breathing easier, we needed it.
You know what I love about that last statement. 4 years ago, it was a drop dead shouting match, that heart to heart. Tonight it was me and him talking, really talking. About the future and our frustrations, mostly about our love for each other and our family. No yelling, no annoyance, no put downs, no anger, just talking. We have come a long way.
After prayers with the babies and a slight breakdown and prayer by myself I witnessed these moments.
as I do most nights. Daddy time, the kids need this at the end of the day, they miss him. He is a good daddy. He has had great examples of this and he follows in all 3 of their footsteps.
This made today ok, this made today good.
As I type this I can hear Gavin breathing, Add is snuggled in her room with the most hideous turtle known to man, baby is doing his nightly exercise in the right side of my stomach, and Dave is chomping on the grilled cheese and chips he called dinner tonight, next to me, in bed.
All of which makes me very content with my life, rough day and all.
No comments:
Post a Comment