Friday, July 29, 2011

ARCHES-MAY 2011

















i saw alot of this.


love this picture, not sure why!

sorry david this is as good as it gets. he asked for this shot!

oh the two daves. get these two together and its trouble.



the babies were champs!

A while back we decided to head to Arches for the day. I had never been and the kids wanted to go "hikin". After a long drive, about a million packs of fruit snacks, and dave losing all circulation in his long legs thanks to the back seat, we arrived! I never realized there was such a cute little town right in (outside?) the park. We hiked all day! The kids were fantastic. Gavin refused to let anyone help him, at any point and add only had one melt down when we woke her up. The park was breathtaking! In my head I always compared Arches to Red Rock (right outside of LV)...no comparison. I got pictures of each family, Dave and Shell, Gary and Ellie, us...but, for fear of my life I only posted ours. It was a fantastic day. I was the only one to get sunburned. Which would have been welcomed surprise if only, it hadn't just been on my neck where my hair was to short to cover. We drove home, stopped in a town I can't remember the name of and spent 2 hours at Taco Bell because they ran out of beef and beans. I'M NOT JOKING! The kids were exhausted and the next day I could barely walk. We can't wait to go again when it cools down!

HAHAHA just got a text from my sis in law-IT WAS NOT ZIONS!!! It was Arches and Moab! that is what you get when I post at 12am!

1 comment:

Roylance Fam said...

what a fun little field trip!! I am more of a green, tropically scenery girl myself...If i am forced to go hiking in hot weather the scenery better be breathtaking!! lol