Monday, June 13, 2011

UPDATE....

I have learned, as of late I don't do well with taking pictures of the little things we do. so, instead of pictures i will just give an update on the D. Wall clan.
Dave- just got back from Washington with his parents, sisters, and the other dave. Cooper our nephew got baptized and we couldn't be more proud. He is such a cool kid!!! Dave was gone for 5 days and we missed him like crazy. Add cried every night and I got phone calls every time he was alone telling me he was looking for our future home. M and E never fail at making Dave feel loved and welcome. He had a blast. Unfortunately, you have to come back to reality at some point. He is in full swing with school and work. Only 2 semesters left and we are DONE!!!!! I can't believe it. He is doing so well with both, I am excited to see where his skill in the construction industry takes us.
Me- I am working at the Aveda Institute as an Admissions Scout. It really is a dream job. I make my own hours and I get to tell people all day about something I am crazy passionate about. Our goal as of right now is to get me on full time so I can put Dave through the rest of school. We are lucky and thankful to have family here to help for right now. I couldn't ask for a better boss. Huge sports fan, with 4 and half kids (one on the way) he gets the family thing and works so well with his employees. Tomorrow I leave for Denver for my first official "business trip". A very quick barely 48 hr trip. I couldn't be more excited. Dave has been so supportive and is more excited than I am at times for the opportunity. I was in the mind frame of staying home with the kids, so, leaving them was rough.
Addie- oh that girl. she is a handful. we love her to death, but, she is to smart for her own good sometimes. she obsessed with going to pre-school, even though i think we have decided to put that off for another year. she is glued to us at the end of the day when we have both been gone and neither of us mind one bit. Add, had her first real punishment Saturday. it was harder on dave and i then it was her. she has decided she has to get herself dressed every day. most outfits contain way to much pink because it "matches" of course. she loves toms and hates wearing jean shorts. she is all drama with lots of love mixed in.
Gavin- we took him hiking to moab a few weeks back and that opened up a whole new can of independence. he has to do everything himself. buckle his car seat, get dressed, clean his room, and the list goes on. we want our baby back so we are a little upset. he is back on breathing treatments and this last time was the worst his breathing has ever been. the doctor is thinking of putting him on preventative medication which at this point would be fantastic. his little lungs have got to have a break sometime right? his fascination as of right now is farm animals and baseball...weird i know. he has slept with his baseball glove the last 3 nights and i am dying to get a picture. don't love the sport, but, love hearing him ask dad to play catch at night.
As you can tell our plates are full and we couldn't be happier. Its weird how some things play out in life and how the situations you never thought would work, end up being the right place to be in.
dave, lucy, addie, and gavin are happy and that is all that matters.

No comments: