Saturday, September 11, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAVIN DAVID.


Our sweet boy turned 2 this week. It was funny sitting around the day of his birthday thinking about exactly what we were doing that day. I went through the blog last night just to reminisce. I blogged that day about getting Add's ears pierced at 10:33 am. He was born at 7:42 pm.
The day went quickly. My water started leaking, we went to the hospital after calling the doctor, and what do you know I was in labor. They started all the meds checked me and let us be. I got an epidural about an hour after being there and it wasn't working on my left side. I informed the nurse who got the doctor to give me another shot. I loved that shot. She left the room to check on a patient and I informed Dave I was feeling some sort of pressure. He paged the nurse...she came in followed by Dr. Allen (i love that man). He was coming just to check on me before he went to another hospital to deliver. She checked me and our goo was crowning QUICKLY. The doctor and I made a bet on how long, (we did the same with Add) he said maybe 30 min because the baby had been measuring big. I had no response. Dave was white and in shock and my mom (who was also in the room) was hiding in the corner not knowing what to do. I was relaxed believe it or not, just wanted to be done. One quick push and out came the torso of the our babe with the cord wrapped twice around his neck. He had a head full of curly dark hair, his gpa's hair line, and was beautiful. 6 lbs 12 oz our "big" baby was here. He shocked us all with how fast he came and we all fell in love instantly. The next 2 weeks were rough. He got sick, really sick. Dave and I cried and prayed a lot. We relied on family for support for helping with the baby we had at home. He showed us what real fighting was and made us so thankful for our "surprise" baby.
Since day 1 that kid has been a fighter, he went through a lot while i was pregnant, after he was born, and just all around the first 4 months of life. He proved doctors wrong numerous times and made everyone he met fall in love.
Gavin is our blessing. He brought our family back together when it had fallen apart. He taught me how to be a good mom. He softened us all. He made his sister a best friend. He is wonderful.
The love we have for our boy can't be compared.
I am still in shock he is 2. I love that he growing into a little boy...all boy. Bugs, biting, dirt, cars, football, you name it he is boy. however, I miss the snuggly, sweet, little baby that he once was. Its bitter sweet watching your kids grow i have decided. I look at my nephews and niece and I can't imagine Gavin going off to 1st grade. I want to keep him little forever, doesn't everyone? On the other hand I can't wait to see what he grows into. If there ever was a kid that has a purpose on this earth its him. I look forward to seeing what that is.
We love you Gooey....Happy Birthday baby boy!

No comments: