So yet another morning was spent at the Dr....on a side note have you ever been around so many sick kids you feel like there is literally a black cloud of germs over your head...that was me this morning and yes, I was that mother that was shielding her baby looking around in disgust at all the snotty nose children..my kids will NEVER play with the toys at that office after what I saw today. G had another rough night and this morning when he woke up and had his coughing fit he would start panting after each one...by 9:30 we were on the way to the doctor along with the rest of germ infested UT county. Our poor sickling has broncialitias (i can't spell that) and influenza stage 1 (what?) his lungs are full of crap and he now has to be on breathing treatments till Monday. One good thing he was RSV negative!!! We did one breathing treatment while we were there and that seemed to help a lot. I asked the doctor if this was something to really worry about and he used the example of the two babies he has at Utah Valley that had the same thing, they both now have pneumonia and one is on a CPAP...there is no way in hell I am letting that happen again. Anyway, we have decided that G needs to live in a bubble until April and his Dr. had zero argument to that. So now we are just on watch making sure our little man doesn't get any sicker...he knows how to keep us on our toes. However, as long as he is getting better I could care less.
PS yes that means the Croup diagnosis was wrong....
1 comment:
Oh man, I am sorry. That little guy is having such a hard time and so are you! I hope that he gets better quickly and that he is done being sick for a while.
Post a Comment