Monday, January 19, 2009

LIFE AS WE KNOW IT...

I was informed today that I don't ever do update posts on my family, so, I guess this is my update....
Monkey- I have decided she is to smart for my own good. She is doing things that kids a year or two older are just starting...a little scary. She doesn't like me at all (that started in the last week)....she has scolded me in public for telling her no...by scolded I mean point and shake her finger followed by a deep chest growl...something I really do hope to get on video one day, for her husband's viewing pleasure. Hitting is a new favorite past time...however, mom is the only victim...needless to say...when she is put in the corner there is no longer any fight and very rarely are there tears. She has started to help when cleaning up her toys, she has figured out how to put chap stick on by herself, feeding T and trying to hold him is a task she is trying to perfect. She still sleeps from 9 to 10 with a 2 to 3 hour nap sometime during the day...she plays with dolls, but, loves to go to Gma's and drive all the trucks. She LOVES books and singing, its fun to listen to both.She is so willing to let me rock her to sleep which I am holding on to as long as I possibly can...she loves trying to do my hair and the other day while rocking her she started to rub my head like I do hers when trying to get her calm. She is my angel and even though she doesn't like me between the hours of 10-9 I just keep falling more and more in love with her on a daily basis.
T- I am in the process of doing T's nursery (mommy and daddy will have their room back soon), I am making a sign that will say "Nothing prepared us for your smile" and it fits more than I could ever imagine. He is the happiest baby in history and his smile is contagious....he has no interest in rolling over yet...he is perfectly happy straining his neck to see the world. He is sleeping through the night from about 10 to 8 with two, two hours naps during the day...hey my kids like sleep...T has developed a very high pitch scream when no one is paying attention....it is usually followed by some sort of coo or giggle so I think its pretty cute.....The little guy is going to be a finger sucker, something I have feared my whole life...when I say finger I don't mean thumb, I mean middle and ring fingers (don't you picture a little boy with a blanket and snot running down his face with buck teeth....i do)needless to say its a habit that I am going to try and break. He loves his sister and watches her every min of every day....he is getting huge...two weeks ago he weighed in at 15 lbs and Wed we go in for his 4 month check up we will see what he is now...he is wearing 6-9 month clothes at 4 months...makes me sad. He is gooey and has rolls and I just love him to death.
Dave- He has become a very good wife....lol...he discovered cook books and enjoys trying new things ( I don't mind at all, I don't enjoy cooking like he does, not because I can't, I just worry it won't turn out). He is such a great dad, I couldn't ask for anything better...he loves his kids and T and Monkey light up when they see him. He is working and going to school...we are in the process of deciding whether or not he is going to change his major, if he doesn't he only has a year left...if he does...well thats another story...Dave has me pretty much talked into moving to WA whenever he gets done...so we will see what happens there...me in WA I would have never thought.....we have a lot of prayer a head of us....I will support him with whatever, my only stipulation, it has to make HIM happy and I want him to enjoy whatever it may be. He is such a hard worker and I am so thankful to have him!!!
Me- Well I have started working again (one day a week, I know right, such a big deal) it is to me I literally cried for a good hour the first day of work, I haven't had to leave my babies since they have been born, so, it was hard. I have started becoming very creative since we have spent most of the winter locked away in our house...(I know that sounds bad, but, besides two colds and one case of strep my kids haven't gotten to sick this winter) Not to mention I hate snow and cold weather...so being snuggled and warm inside with my kids doesn't suck for me...I love it. I am having so much fun decorating the kids rooms and have pretty much made all the frames etc. that we are putting up (they both take their naps at the same time). My dieting has been going well in the last week and I am actually seeing a difference in the way my pants fit...not much of a difference in the scale, but, I am pretty convinced ours is broken. Other than that I am counting down the days to summer and planning lots of fun things to do in the sunshine!!!
There is our little update....we aren't very exciting to anyone but ourselves...but, thats all we need

1 comment:

house of walls said...

i saw a b and w picture of gavin from a few days ago and i seriously had to do a double take. he and grady are seriously related. the big, round eyes and chubby cheeks. he is wonderful.