Monday, September 29, 2008

NO! NO! NO!


So I love having two kids....Dave and I are blessed with babies that are super laid back and easy, there is no denying it...its way more than we deserve. Everyone said that two kids are so much harder...yes, I know Gavin is only 3 weeks old and there are going to be hard days, but, so far....I wouldn't change anything for the world....EXCEPT one thing. I feel like Dave and I have become so hard on Addison...everything she does that is a little wrong or mischievous she gets a loud, mean, NO from one or both of us...All of you that spent time with Addie before the baby was born knows she is such a well behaved little girl and she knows the meaning of the word no at the age of one and actually respects it. Well, with the arrival of her little brother, she is testing us and our patience has been low, we aren't used to it. My eye opener came today when she was playing with Gavin's car seat...we had just got home and he was sleeping so we left him in it...she was talking to him and being sweet, she fell inside, and he started crying. I said "NO! NO! NO! Addison,we don't play with your brother" I feel so bad for my little angel. As soon as I did it I knew it was wrong, she didn't do it on purpose and I could tell she felt bad he was crying. I swooped her up and just kept saying sorry, I am such an idiot HELLO SHE IS 1...not 16....This is my vow to be better to my baby. She is amazing and really is such a good little girl....I am so lucky to have her, whether she feels the same who knows, she probably did up until about two weeks ago. Really I hope she doesn't think I am a mean mom....I want to give her the world and hope one day I can. I just hope she doesn't leave us before than because she thinks we are evil parents.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just got your comment on my blog, I sent you an email the other day and just sent it again, let me know if you don't receive it.

Thanks!!

Kristi H. said...

We all have those moments!! Luckily, they forgive us and love us despite all our flaws!!