Friday, August 29, 2008

She finally took the plunge!!!!!!

As you can see in the post below my mom finally did it....she RETIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After about 3 years of convincing, as of today she is a "free woman". It has been a very emotional change for her and I know she will have some adjusting to do. However, selfishly I am so excited to have my mom to talk to whenever I need to instead of having to hear her count stats as I vent or wait till her lunch hour or when she is off.
Next week she is coming to UT for undetermined amount of time to help me with the babies and just be here for moral support, while Dave is at work and school.....both, Dave and I are so excited to have her here. We all have fun during her visits and her and Dave are hilarious together!!!!
I can't express my love for her in words...between her and my husband I couldn't think of two better best friends....she will listen to me and try to calm me no matter what the situation. She has always been the mom my friends feel comfortable going to for advice even to this day many of them talk to her on a regular basis and I have always known I can tell her anything with out being judged....not to say my mom won't put me in my place which if you know me is needed often...but, she is so loving and caring. She is a wonderful grandma to Addie and Mia both and I will never forget the look on her face the first time she saw my daughter....it still brings tears to my eyes. Her and I have always had a close relationship even if we didn't always see eye to eye (we are to much alike)....but, she has seen me through the hardest times in my life, when I didn't think anyone could relate, I found out she could....she has laughed with me, cried with me, gotten mad with me, gotten mad at me....lol....I never understood her love and frustrations until I had my little monkey and it seems like since that day we have been closer than ever....I am a lucky daughter!!!!

I love you mommy!!! Congratulations and we all can't wait to have you to ourselves next week!!!!

No comments: