Those infamous Wall baby blues...
Ok so usually nap time in our house is a breeze...Addie gets rocked with "blanky" and a bottle and is usually sound asleep with in a few minutes. Today was no different, I rocked her for about 30 min just to make sure she was out, plus, I just sat and stared at her...then gently laid her and "blanky" down and went out of the room to do laundry. As most of you know Dave and I live right across the street from train tracks...BIG MISTAKE. Normally, we sleep through the trains and earthquake like shaking in our house...Addie does too. However, there is one train that goes by every now and then that is louder than anything I have ever heard...the engineer LAYS on the horn for the whole time the train passes our house and then some...well guess who flew by today...Addie woke up screaming bloody murder, I thought maybe she was stuck in the corner of her crib...something that happens often, so, I went in....rocked her for about 10 min and then laid her back down. Literally not, 5 min after that a fleet of fighter jets flew over...Where the heck did they come from? I have never heard them before and again it was very loud so my poor baby girl got jolted awake yet again...this time I just thought I would let her cry it out. After about 15 min of her screaming her head off I went in rocked her and "blanky" for 10 min and laid them both back down....Then the final straw...there is a car in our complex that is parked right under our apartment...the car alarm randomly goes off which we all usually just ignore....Well, going along with the fun noises today...it went off and as it did a UPS truck was backing up, along with a big semi on the highway laying on his horn. My poor child is going to be traumatized!!! To some it all up Addie woke up 3 times from her nap....all very traumatically to her I am sure....I didn't fight the urge to sit and rock her for about 45 min the last and final time...the only reason I put her down is because her head was getting all sweaty and "blanky" was making us both hot....She has been down now for about an hour and half....and I am scared a natural disaster is going to happen before she wakes up. I always wondered what kind of kid Addie was going to be when it came to security items....Our nephew Blake is a blanky kid...you are lucky if you can touch them....and I believe that is what our child has become. Last year when Dave and his parents went to Disneyland Gma Ellie got her a cute pink blanket that says Princess....its so soft and has satin on the edges...well Addie has a new best friend when she sleeps...if she doesn't have that ONE blanket she doesn't sleep. I love it, I am just trying to convince her it has to stay in her crib. She is learning to give kisses and its one of those things only her family will appreciate...A huge open mouth sucking on the cheek...I love it...she lunges at your cheek and a nice wet spot is left...its the cutest thing ever...She is growing to fast!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment