Sunday, May 18, 2008

Growing up is hard on the head!!!!

I took my eyes off long enough to make a bottle....

This is what I found....
Her first "trying" to walk injury....

Daddy snapped this picture at church...we need to work on his hairstyling..

She is already flashing those baby blues...Addie and "Uncle" Brett

Nobody warned me that when your daughter begins the walking stage she may become top heavy. Addison has hit her head on everything I can think of...she has crawled right into the wall, knocked her head on her walker trying to stand up, and my personal favorite constantly hitting her head on her crib (the big bump followed by a scream is one of the scariest things I have ever heard in the middle of the night.) Really I am worried, I called my dad and asked if it was normal and he assured me although its scary to us, it is a normal thing...it can't be healthy though (for either of us) !!! She is wasting absolutely no time trying to walk..as of yesterday she was standing up by herself and now as long as she is holding on to something she is working those little legs out. Dave and I have decided that she is to brave and persistent for her own good. She amazes us!!!
We are finally having amazing weather, however, I am now remembering why I hated being pregnant in the summer!!! I keep complaining its hot and everyone around me thinks I am crazy and it hasn't even gotten its hottest yet. I am thinking I might not make it to LV before this baby is born!!!
Oh yeah, some amazing news....WE ARE MOVING!!!! We are going to be renting a cute little town home in Provo and couldn't be more excited!!! Finally getting out of the "ghetto" of SF as Dave calls it. It will be fun having a little back play area for the kids and I can work on my tan this summer...something I defiantly didn't have last year. I will post some pics when we get moved in.
I have to call Dave out on two really cute things he did this weekend while we were out and about. 1) While getting out of the car to go look at the townhouse he was literally running from tree to tree because of the shade....he was so worried about Addie getting sunburned in the two min we were outside. He defiantly takes care of his little girl. 2) We were sitting playing with Addie and out of no where he says "I am excited for this baby to come." Of course I asked "why" thinking he would say because its a boy....the best part was what he said next "Because he will cuddle me and Addie doesn't do that anymore." He will probably kill me for putting that up here...but, it just shows what a softy he is. I think he is having the same issues I am with Addie growing up....You just don't think when they are that small that one day they will get bigger and not need you as much. Granted I think we got a exceptionally independent first child, but, still we miss the little Addie who just loved to be held all the time!!! As far as we are concerned she will always be our little Addie...we have also collectively decided she is not getting married till she is 40!!!

No comments: